Every couple of weeks (or so), a group of amazing ladies that I met through MTH get together and write about a new topic. We call this feature Fearless Fridays and we each take turns picking the topic. Today’s topic is BALANCE.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” - Albert Einstein
Work, family, life. Yes, yes and yes. I want it all. And I want to be the best at all of it. I am a mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, business owner, employee, chef, clothes washer, dish washer, bed maker, book reader, bruise mender, hug giver, and the list goes on and on and on.
For what seems like forever, I’ve struggled with finding balance. I tend to be the kind of girl who spends waaaaay too much time on one thing. To the point that other areas of my life begin to suffer. And when I recognize this, I’ll shift gears and go pretty far in the opposite direction. Definitely not a recipe for success nor is it my best trait. ;^) But I’m working on it. And I refuse to give up on wanting to have it all. I know I don’t have to because as I grow in myself and my life, I get better at achieving a balance that works for me.
Here are a few things I’ve learned that force me to structure my life in a way that I am both productive and happy.
- I am most successful when I plan in advance.
- The days I lay out my schedule the night before I kick some butt.
- The days I limit my distractions (facebook, pinterest, etc.) I kick some butt.
- The days I take time for myself, I am happy and refreshed. And then I kick some butt.
- The days I block off time for things that are important to me, I get them done.
- The days I ask for help instead of trying to do it all myself, I feel better.
- The days I force myself to focus only on the positive, I feel grateful. And I remember how much is really right in my life.
Do I do this perfectly every day? No way, no how. But I’m getting better at it. And when I stick with it is when I feel most balanced. So I’m sticking with it! What are your secrets? I’d love to hear them!
Please head on over to see what my talented friend Natasja of Studio 516 Photography has to say about Balance.
Hope you have a great one!